Monday, February 23, 2009

Family Matters


This is one of my favorite shows of all time. So I named this post accordingly. It seemed fitting.


I've just had the most incredible weekend with my family. I'm still lightly amazed at how over the years everything changes yet it's still the same.



I just love the way we really weren't doing anything but it was still so much fun. Just being in the company of family members that I haven't seen in years and still having such a good time when we get together was great.

It was somewhat therapeutic for me. I had somewhat of a stressful week last week and I wasn't really feeling like going anyway. The drive isn't that bad just 2 hours but I hate that town even though it is where I was born and raised there. Of course now I'm glad I went.

My cousins are hilarious. It's crazy to see the kids who I babysat when I was younger. I felt old when I was telling them"girl I remember when I used to change your diapers" and "I remember the day you were born".

Even my cousins who are my age had me in awe. One of them just had a baby and I just sat there looking at him holding his baby. It was weird just looking at that. I was just staring and remembering how we used to play games all day, go to the same schools, fight each other, and do so many other things when we were younger but now we all are grown and taking different paths in life.

The thing that made that so funny to me was that, the same thing I was doing to the other cousins the older ones were doing to me and the ones my age. One in particular was just staring at me smiling at one point, she said she just couldn't believe how professional and mature I was now. Then she started talking about all the stories of how I was so shy and I would hide behind my mom when people came around.

Family is fun and love mine even when they get a little out of wack. I really wish we weren't spread all over the country like this so that we can get together and have more times to enjoy each others company again.



-and the food was definitely on point, we didn't go out to eat not once, they cooked up a storm like it was the holidays and I was in love lol.

2 comments:

Lique said...

sounds like my family.it seems like yesterday the new additions arrived now they are in kindergarden.the cycle always repeats itself

Samson said...

I'm so jealous...its always been just me and my mom and even though the food is on point, were at each others throat bit I guess thats just love.....