Saturday, December 13, 2008

Forever Love?

Is it even realistic to expect a relationship to last forever? Personally, I don't think so. I just don't get why people constantly enter into relationships thinking "this is the one" then for whatever reason it's over. Then the cycle continues and you get all heartbroken and depressed. I don't think think I've ever entered a relationship thinking that I'd be with that person forever. Even with my most recent ex. Our relationship was GREAT! Even though it was all good, I never thought that he was my future. Even when he would say " I can see us together forever" I just couldn't get on that same level in my head, I most definitely did not agree with his statments. I was just enjoying us at the time and seeing where it took us.

Why can't relationships just "be"? Why do we have to add all that pressure of lasting forever. In my opinion we need to last however long we can make it and if something happens that prevents "us" then oh well we're done and thats life.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm afraid of commitment, Maybe I'm a bit jaded from my experiences and those I've seen, Maybe I haven't lived long enough to know what I'm talking about, I don't know I guess its something.

3 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

LOL I too wish people would just let things be...rarely is that the case. Sometimes people play things out in their head of how it SHOULD be and when it isn't moving fast enough or a detour enters the picture something is "wrong" with the relationship, when in fact, their vision was just destroyed. Such is life and some folks just need to learn how to roll with the punches or move the hell on LOL

EnamoredGem said...

I think thinking or expecting to obtain a future with someone is human nature. No one really wants to be alone, even those who say that they do...and if they do, they've never really been in love...

I think the invitation of more relationships...might sway your mind a little and be open towards "committment" and no...not necessarily promising or desiring forever...but acquire the desire to make it work regardless of obstacles, until it becomes a situation that just cannot work. A lot of people let go of relationships because of obstacles that they could've worked through, but didn't want to go through the work...

Love will change anyones mind...

Eb the Celeb said...

I'm in a state of cynicism about love so I'm definitely not optimistic that ish is suppose to last forever... hell most times it doesnt last a year