Friday, December 5, 2008

Triflin' in the Church House

Now in my years of living I've seen some real bogus stuff go down in the church house. From fighting to fuckin' and everything in between I've seen it all. Well...at least I thought I seen it all until yesterday.

I was at a holiday church service and saw a man do what I consider to be some really trife ish. Just before we were about to leave we took up an offering. First off, this was a special offering. The money wasn't going to the church it was going to a youth group in order to help the kids have a good Christmas and have food and toys and all that good stuff. Secondly, it was the only offering of the day. No other money was taken up because the pastor really wanted to do something good for the kids (who were all in attendance) for the holidays.

The plate goes around and people prepare to give what they can. The plate gets passed down my row and everyone puts in a little something. The guy next to me notices that there was another girl sitting next to him who didn't have anything to give so he gives her a dollar which I thought was cute and nice.

So she puts in the dollar and he puts in one of his own. The plate comes to me and I put in my money and I begin to pass it along. When it gets to the row behind us, the man who was next to me turned around to the back row and asked for the offering plate. Can somebody tell me why this man took his dollar out and the one he gave the girl and put it back in his pockets and handed the plate to the usher like it was nothing.

I was tripping cause I couldn't believe he just did that. Never in my life have I seen someone do that. Maybe its just me but I thought it was kind of wrong. I know some people who get a little hesitant about giving to the church because they don't know whats being done with the money. But in this case you saw who the money was going to, the kids were sitting right up front filling up a quarter of the church. And it wasn't like it was the 55th offering of the day like some Churches have multiple offerings in one service.

If you didn't wanna give then don't. But to publicly fake it was NOT COOL at all. If you needed that money then you shoulda kept it and your pocket and wave your hand over the offering plate and say a prayer that you'll have it next time or something. Not only that, but you gave the little girl the money to put in there and then gonna take it out like that. She was probably happy to get the chance to give like everyone else but you took it back. If I was the usher I woulda made you put it back because as soon as it hit the plate it was no longer yours it belonged to the kids in this case. I hope you don't do that all the time. Who gives a fake offering?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was def trife!!! What was he thinking?