Monday, January 5, 2009

Hmmm No....not quite



Well I sure don't see the comparison here. Maybe I should look again....nope still don't see it.

I'm by far not a Obama hater but dude is no superman. I mean I think he's intelligent, stong willed, determined, capable, probably hella stressed out, not to mention pretty easy on the eyes lol, and a whole slew of other things.

I'm just tired of hearing people (mostly "us") talk about how he's gonna do this and that. What he will and won't let happen. The problem is that most of the times I've heard this discussion it's generally in reference to things that aren't fully in his control. I just don't want people thinking that for some reason is above all other presidents and solely has the ability to all these things that are being talked about.

See in these United States we have things such as checks and balances, veto's, filibusters, supreme courts, senate and a nice little combination of things that all go together when big decisions are made for the country. No man can single handedly control all of that. Even if he is an extremely talented, educated, well liked, handsome brother from the Chi.

So I'll do everything I can to stand behind him and make his job easier but I won't expect him to do these miracles that everyone seems to think. Just be realistic about what can be done. Don't expect more from him than he is capable of. All I want him to do is the best he can and sometimes the best just isn't enough and I fully accept that, everyone else should to.

1 comment:

AssertiveWit said...

asking people to be realistic about things that logically make sense sometimes is asking too much, hunny LOL

I said the same thing you said here to someone and they called me a hater...I guess.

good blog :)