Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year New Tunes

So for the new year I've decided to do a special kind of make over. I'm going to delte each and every song, movie,video, and pic on my ipod.

Well actually I'm just gettin a new one all together. Maybe even call it a downgrade lol. I'm going from the 80gb Classic to the 32gb Touch. I mean I love music and all but I was nowhere near filling up those 80 gigs.

Anyway I'm looking for all new songs. Things I never heard and/or never really paid attention to. I'm definitely adding more old school. For some reason I've just now really been paying attention to it and I must say I really like it lol. I've been on a Sam Cooke thing lately. He is definitely becoming one of my favorites.

I'm trying to be as versitile as possible, my goal is to have at least one song that I like from every genre listed. All music has so much potential so I don't see why I should limit myself to only a few genres just because that's what those around me listen to or because it's what I'm comfortable with.

2 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

oh my! I haven't heard that B2K song in FOREVER (it was playing when I came to read your blog).

you can never go wrong by broadening your musical horizons but you might want to hold on to your 80 GIGS...new music to your ears gets addictive.

I was supposed to add my 600+ cds to my iTunes on my iMac...hasn't been done yet BUT I have 3,135 songs on there as of today...that's 8.7 days worth of music...and I wouldn't DREAM of deleting ANY of it!!!

Unknown said...

There could be a lot of things worse than being "on a Sam Cooke thing!"

Seriously, Sam was more than just a great artist. It still amazes me how forward-thinking and ahead of his time he was. He's truly missed amongst my family.

If you haven't already, check out his early gospel works with the Soul Stirrers, most notably the 3-CD set "Sam Cooke with the Soul Stirrers." Their music still hasn't lost its magic over these many years.

Erik Greene
Author, “Our Uncle Sam: The Sam Cooke Story From His Family's Perspective”
www.OurUncleSam.com