Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Unforgivable...or not?

Is there anything a person could do or say that could be deemed unforgivable?

The Christian answer to this is no: we should forgive everyone no matter what because God forgives us.

But also we're human and the human answer to this is Yes! there are definitely things that could be unforgivable.

I was just having this conversation with a friend and we went over some instances that would be hard to forgive. These things actually happened to a few associates of mine and I just thought about how much better they are than me in their cases because if I put myself in their place I don't see myself being so quick to forgive.

The first one is killing someone I love. This actually happened to a person I know. 3 of his brothers were killed by his step dad and he eventually forgave him. I don't know how but he did. If that were me I don't think I would be so easy to do so. That's the worst thing anyone could do to me.

Secondly is cheating on me and bringing me back an STD after the fact. The cheating was bad enough and in some cases I'd forgive it. But to infect be with something you got while out doing your dirt is the worst thing ever in my eyes. And then don't let it be something life threatening like Aids or something else that won't EVER go away.
I know of two cases like this.

One girl it was just crabs but still...that's bad enough. He wouldn't have had it to give to her if he wasn't out doing wrong. The killer in that case was not only did she forgive him but she took care of him. She actually sat there and tried to pick off crabs from his nuts that he got from another girl. NO WAY in the world I'd do some stuff like that.

The other one was actually a guy that I know. His fiance of 3 years cheated on him and came back and gave him Herpes. He broke up with her for a month or two and then they were right back together. So now she's forgiven and they're living happily ever after with genital warts and all that gooey goodness.

Ok wait...maybe I have 3 things that are unforgivable because I just thought of this one lol. It's not as serious but spitting in my face might be unforgivable. It's never happened to me but I can't imagine what I would do. Seriously, to just hock up a nasty loogey and let it come flying in my face would be the lowest of the low of things you could do to me.

Maybe these things are forgivable but I just haven't experienced them personally to be able to say wheather or not I would forgive them. I just think they are among some of the worst things you could do to a person. It takes a very strong and secure person to forgive it.

3 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

hahahahhaa I know you were being serious but I had to laugh...

on a serious note, I think what each person can tolerate varies; I wouldn't tolerate no one hitting me or even shaking the shat outta me but some chicks do

I'd forgive but I couldn't be with anyone who even attempted to hit me. I'd always be in fear of him trying it again so I'd have to bounce for my own sanity. If he sucka punched my ass, I wouldn't forgive him right away...maybe after my brother stomped a mud hole in his ass after my dad ran him over with his truck...and my face healed...and I prayed to God to grant me the strength to forgive him.

achoiceofweapons said...

Killing someone I loved! I don't know, I would want to forgive, I don't know that I could though....on any of them thangs.
Jaycee

Saved Girl said...

I think forgiving is possible for all things (yep), but I would definitely preface that by saying forgiving is a process that takes time. It reminds me of that saying, "I'll forgive you, but I won't forget!" At first, I always use to say....'well, that's not really forgiving.' But then I realized what that saying means(to me)is that I do forgive you, but it just going to take some time to get over what you have done.