Thursday, January 1, 2009

What Goes Up Must Come Down-Enter 2009

One New Year's Tradition that I have always hated is shooting up in the air at midnight to "ring in the new year". It's loud, silly,dangerous, and in some areas illegal. I really wish that would stop in 09 and beyond.

This year we stayed at home and did the family thing for New Years. I happened to hear the shots ring out pretty close. They scared the kids and most definitely the dogs. I swear at about 12:03 I heard the shots and by 12:05 I heard annoying barking dogs and in my house two crying 5 year olds. I was so mad at who ever did that.

The dogs eventually shut up plus that wasn't to bad cause I didn't have to explain anything to them. But the kids on the other hand. Once I told them they were ok they proceeded to ask me a thousand questions about it.

*What was that?......it was shooting for new years it's a way to celebrate
*What is New Years......just a new year,almost like your birthday
*It's not my birthday....I know that, but it's the worlds birthday
*We don't shoot on my birthday....I know, we have icecream and cake and balloons
*Why didn't we have cake and balloons today?......we just didn't
*But why?......just because
*Well did they shoot my dog?....No, he's fine don't you hear him?
*He's crying....he's not crying, he's barking
*Ok, Can I have some chips.....yes go get some then go to bed.
*But,I'm not tired......ok, just get the chips then come sit down and be quiet.
*I can't reach it, can you do it.....yeah hold on
*I'm thirsty too....didn't you just eat not that long ago are you really hungry?
*Yes, I need breakfast....What???? You need breakfast???
*Yes, I'm hungry I want breakfast....no, breakfast is in the morning after you get up
*But please, I love you.....I love you to, no breakfast though until u sleep first
*She won't share the chips....be nice to eachother and stop all that
*I had it first....ok girls your both going to bed so lay down and be quiet
*I'm not tired....I don't care, get tired.


So you see? All because of the shooting I had to sit down taking time away from my movie which was really good to have a Q and A session with the kiddies.

But seriously I do wish people wouldn't do that, or at least go to an area that's very secluded and less likely to disturb or even possibly hit someone if you just have to shoot on New Years.

Anywho, Happy New Year to all!! Make it a good one. I know I'm going to.

No comments: