Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's OLD yo!!!

Man, I swear I was born into a family of Ijustdontgiveawhat folks when it comes to expiration dates. Personally, I check the expire date on everything. Milk, bread, cereal, canned goods, medicine, and everything else.

My family (especially granny) seem not to care as much about stuff like that.

Today I was getting ready to cook some frozen veggies that my granny had. I was so excited about those veggies too lol. It was a veggie mix in a triple cheese sauce so I was like oh yeah I'll eat half of this by myself. So she hands me the bag out of the deep freezer and I got in the kitchen to prep everything so I can get my cook on and whatnot. So as I'm getting ready to put the food in the pot, I realize I didn't check the bag for the date and like I said I always check it. So I look and why did this bag say APRIL 05. It's 2008 and almost 2009 and she had these veggies in the deep freezer for years y'all. I was so mad at her.

But that's not even the worst part. I go in the living room to tell her that her veggies are YEARS out of date and she says "well they've been frozen so they're still good, just eat em' and add some extra seasoning" I said no ma'am. I will not, shall not, and ain't gonna eat no 4 almost 5 year old food. I don't care what it is I just refuse to go out like that. She ain't bout to kill me with that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol! I hear you. My Moms is the same way. Just because its in a "deep freezer" doesn't mean its in suspended animation...jeez

EnamoredGem said...

lol...this is too funny...I don't know what I would've done if someone would've told me "just put extra seasoning on it" haha...