Monday, November 3, 2008

Step Ya Game Up Granny!

Ok, so we all know we are in the midst of one of the most historical elections of all times. I've personally been goin' hard to get people to vote. I mean during regestration I was regestering folks any and everywhere I could. I was sending text messages to friends, family, strangers, and the works to remind them to get regestered and to vote. So during the time I was doing all this I mentioned to my grandma right. She was like "Oh I'm so proud of you for being active in the process" and all that good stuff. So I ask her if she is registered to vote and she says yeah she thinks so. I'm like well thats good just remember to vote when the time comes. Now let me give yall a little transcript of my convo with granny this weekend:

Me: Hey, granny I went early voting the other day

Granny: You Did? Well thats good.

Me: Yeah it was cool especially since it was my first time voting I felt really good getting my vote in there. I kinda wish I could do it again.

Me: So what about you, have you voted yet?

Granny: no, but I'll have to remember to get out there do it soon

Me: Yeah cause you don't have much time left just a few days of early voting and then on Tuesday

Granny: I know, I still gotta make sure I'm registered

Me: I thought you already took care of that when we talked last time

Granny: I know but I thought I was and I never got a chance to go check on it

Me: Well let me look it up online and see if your in there and see if you're on the list

Granny: Ok (proceeds to give me the info)

Me: (taking a few minutes to look it up)

Me: Well I'm not seeing anything granny are you sure you're registered? When is the last time you voted?

Granny: uhh...well let me see... Oh, the last person I voted for was.......Kennedy

Me: (*jaw dropped in disbelief*)

Me: (*regaining composure*) Are you serious granny? I thought you voted just this last election?

Granny: No, I haven't voted since Kennedy

Me: Wow, don't you know thats been a minute. I wasn't even born year and I'm almost pushin two decades. I don't even think my momma was that old herself. I can't believe that.

Me: Here momma talk to your momma cause I'm too through right now lol
(*hands phone to my own mom still trippin on my granny*)

Ok. So my point is everybody please vote. I don't care how old you are. If don't care if the last person you voted for was Lincoln, the president of the science club, or the last American Idol you still need to vote. Anyone 18 and up who can vote needs to do that. It don't make no sense, please people it takes all of us.

No comments: